So I finally got MotoACTV Android watch and I am very happy I did!
My first impressions:
- It is expensive, but then if you compare to any good watch it is reasonable.
- It is actually fashionable, and trust me I am very sensitive to how things look
- Music feature is very good, I have hundreds of my best songs synched with my iTunes (not sure why not Google Music)
- Radio rocks, I can listen to my NPR on the go.
- Weather notifications every 4 hour hours are very useful.
- Seeing SMS messages is very cool
- Seeing who is calling is very nice, but somehow I cannot answer, even with factory speaker-phones, cannot call back either (is it a bug?)
- I am not much of exercise freak, so in my opinion there is too much stress on sport aspect. This is a really cool watch for anyone, really.
- Wrist band is very good quality and it looks good, too.
My wish list:
- I set my watch face to "Skull" I think it is cool, but really, do you have any designers in there? There should be at least 2 dozen of watch face designs to choose from.
- I watched Motorola official YouTube that the watch should wake up with a handshake - I did not experience it, would be nice.
- I would like API to send 240x240 pixel images to the watch as notification background and have clickable hot areas to press on to create a "pseudo UI" similar to what happens when someone calls. I need to investigate more, but I think it is not possible now.
- I want my Google Images sync.
- I want my Contacts Phones Sync with ability to call.
- I want Google Maps with advanced caching
- I would like Motorola to send us (Chicago Android) an engineer to talk about writing apps and plugins that support MotoACTV
- I want a version of app to run on my Galaxy Tab 7+ in addition to my Droid.
Good job Motorola, I hope the support will be good and I hope to write some good apps for it.
ChicagoAndroid, let me know if you have one of these and plan development.