Google Developers Group
Sears Holdings is seeking an energetic and talented engineer to deliver innovative customer facing solutions for several mobile eCommerce initiatives. We are looking for a Java/Android Sr. Developer to design and develop Android and mobile web components and services to introduce new capabilities and functions for our online customers on a highly scalable and distributed eCommerce platform. As a member of the mobile engineering team, you will have the opportunity to mentor a dedicated team of engineers and assist in forming the organization’s mobile web strategy, while working in a fast-paced and lively environment in downtown Chicago.
The online channel is a key focus area for the company and is growing at an aggressive rate, creating an exciting workplace and environment where you can utilize your skills and potential. If you are interested in utilizing emerging technology in a dynamic, open and collaborative environment, this is a great opportunity to explore.
- The development of mobile web sites/applications for multiple eCommerce properties on a Java / J2EE and Android/iOS platforms, integrating to various internal and external API services as needed.
- To work with product owners, UX engineers and business analysts to define functional requirements, engage with enterprise architects and other engineers to design appropriately scalable and high-performing solutions, create robust and properly tested implementations, and ensure successful production deployments with minimal defects.
- Once deployed, to be responsible for maintenance and continued enhancement of production software, including working with operations, product management, and business to drive product effectiveness.
- You will work with other engineers to create and maintain efficient and viable practices throughout the SDLC.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience developing high-quality, mobile-enabled commercial web applications in distributed enterprise systems
- Substantial Java/J2EE and Android or iOS experience (3+ years preferred)
- Practical experience designing and utilizing relational (MySql) and/or XML databases
- Experience designing, developing, and utilizing web service APIs including experience integrating with REST services
- Practical experience using Struts, JAXB, SSL, SOAP, XML, and JSON
- Experience with Onshore/Offshore models preferred
- Demonstrated experience writing and executing automated unit and browser-based front-end tests
- Willingness and Desire to assist the formation of the organization's mobile web and Android/iOS app vision
- Willingness and Desire to mentor a team of dedicated software engineers including creating and maintaining best practices and development processes (code reviews, version control, production release processes, etc.)
- Demonstrated 5+ years of software development experience
- Undergraduate CS/CE/CIS/EE degree