Google Developers Group
eSpark (formerly ePod Club) seeks passionate Development Lead for exciting and intellectually challenging work building the leading mobile educational platform that will have a global impact on millions of young students lives. We are a well-funded Chicago technology start-up that is changing the way kids learn by making it super fun with modern technology, educational games, and community. As the first technical member to join our growing team, you’ll have an enormous influence over the direction of our product and the impact we have on the academic growth and fun of students across the globe.
We seek a development leader to help us
● Refine and improve our mobile educational platform vision
● Dive into code to architect, build, and improve the platform
● Collaborate with an expert development firm to help build the platform
● Build and manage a technical team of developers in the US and India
● Passion for building a new mobile educational platform that will help young students succeed in school and life
● 2-5 years of experience building cool web applications using modern web-based technologies (Ruby, PHP, Python) and rapid, iterative deployment cycles
● Based in Chicago and willing to work long hours with a small passionate team
● Interest in leading and developing a small team and managing projects across organization and geographic boundaries
● BS /MS in Computer Science or related field
● We offer a competitive compensation package consisting of base salary, performance based bonus, stock options, and health benefits
This position reports directly to the CEO. To apply, email your resume to David Vinca: David@ePodClub.com
ePod Club (soon to be re-named eSpark) accelerates learning and is based on the simple fact that kids learn best when they’re having fun.
Students who join ePod Club receive their own ePod (an iPod Touch) configured for learning with more than 100 eBooks as well as the best educational games and apps. Students also get a personalized learning plan, weekly reading and math assignments, rewards (kid-friendly iTunes songs) for completing academic assignments, and weekly Club meetings to collaborate with other students and play "ePod Olympic" games.
Students in the Club have fun and show advancement in reading and math standardized test scores. More inspiring are the changes we’ve seen in students’ interest in reading, academic self-confidence, and social skills.
Take it from Mizriam, one of our existing members who spends hours each day on his ePod – “TV is boring compared to this.”