Google Developers Group
I find that reading the discussions posted on Chicago Android are helpful to me for learning about the current and around-the-corner android powered devices, and I come to this site often for that purpose. Given the wide variety of possible development discussions, I would hate to see the discussions posted about devices and trends get buried in development discussions. Still, as a developer, I would also be interested in reading discussions relating to development.
1) Chris just volunteered to spearhead the next session -- we will talk about details soon
2) I am organizing a "round table" for mobile publishing media: news, magazines, books, blogs. I will post on that soon.
3) I do not post technical stuff here for reasons mentioned by Arlene, but also because we DO have Google group at http://groups.google.com/group/chicago-androids
Fair enough. That answered my question.
I'd be more than happy to be a part of the next session. I'll also push any technical thoughts/ideas to the google groups page.
And help would be appreciated.
I am torn between:
- my architect job in Sears,
- whole bunch of mobile apps I am doing,
- 2 Android classes per week,
- GTUG events
So often I just have no time, nor energy, to post articles, or come up with new events. If you have a piece of news, or topic you want to start, you are most than welcome to chip in.