Google Developers Group
Time: December 16, 2010 from 6pm to 8pm
Location: DigitalBootcamp.com & Chicago Android
Street: 25 W. Hubbard St. 2nd floor
City/Town: Chicago, IL
Event Type: mobile, apps, &, marketing
Organized By: Uki Dominque Lucas
Latest Activity: Dec 14, 2010
REGISTRATION ON EVENTBRITE REQUIRED
Ticket: $15 and includes sandwich, chips and drink
Growth in demand for advanced mobile devices boasting powerful processors, abundant memory, larger screens, and open operating systems has outpaced the rest of the mobile phone market for several years. According to a study by ComScore, over 45.5 million people in the United States owned smartphones in 2010 and it is the fastest growing segment of the mobile phone market, which comprised 234 million subscribers in the United States. Despite the large increase in smartphone sales in the last few years, smartphone shipments only make up 20% of total handset shipments, as of the first half of 2010.
GrubHub will provide a demonstration of their new and improved mobile application. It allows users to Search their address or current location to see every restaurant that delivers to them and allows users order online or by phone. This application is perfect for people looking for takeout and food delivery in New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Oakland, Boston, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Philadelphia, San Diego, Seattle, Portland, Denver, and Boulder.
- Over 13,000 restaurants
- Use your phone's GPS or enter an address to find out who delivers to you.
- View menus, reviews, and ratings before placing your order.
- Search for restaurants that deliver in 13 major cities: New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Oakland, Boston, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Philadelphia, San Diego, Seattle, Portland, Denver, and Boulder.
- Filter by cuisine, who's delivering now and who accepts online orders.
- Order online or by phone from thousands of local restaurants.
- Search for specific items, restaurants, & cuisines from the home screen.
- Save multiple addresses so you can order from all your homes away from home.
- View past orders and reorder with one tap.
- Save credit cards so you don't have to retype all those pesky numbers next time.
Dinner will be provided by The Meatyballs Mobile
The Meatyballs Mobile is the brain child of Chef Phillip Foss.
A graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, Chef Foss boasts over 20 years in the culinary arts and has trained in many of the World's finest kitchens, including significant time logged in New York City at the 4 Star Le Cirque, The Quilted Giraffe, and Lafayette. He has also logged time with 3 Michelin chef, Jacques Maximin in France and has also lived and cooked in Hawaii, Brazil, Israel, and Bermuda.
Since Coming to Chicago in 2007, Chef Foss has become renowned not only for his inventive and award winning cuisine, but also for his wildly popular movement to bring more street cuisine and food trucks onto the Chicago culinary scene.
REGISTRATION ON EVENTBRITE REQUIRED http://chicagoandroid20101216.eventbrite.com/